Bought My First 17HMR Today

pipoman

I bought a Savage 93R17 w/o the Acutrigger...I saved $100 by buying the non-acu model. My first polymer stock rifle. My 75 year old father-in-law's birthday is tomorrow. He has been hunting prairie dogs every Sunday for 30 years. He has 4 towns on separate pieces of property he owns and he alternates each week, he loves it. He has used a .243 all these years. Last fall he was crushed while branding cattle and he isn't able to shoot his .243 comfortably. He refuses to spend money on himself, I have suggested he get a .17 since his accident he liked the idea but I know he would never write the check. So I am going out to my deer blind tomorrow to trim some brush and get the blind ready. I will be leaving the .17 at his house until he is done with it.

What do you guy's think? Do you think he will want to use his .243 after he has shot the 17HMR?

93r17savage.jpg

USNairman

I love the 17HMR. I have one in a CZ 452 American and it will shoot dang near one hole at 50 yards. I have owned the 17HMR in the Savage and the marlin too and they were good rifles. My 17HMR is my main rifle for around the house.

pipoman

My motherinlaw called tonight and said he was 'giddy' about the gun. One of his ranch hands went out with him to help zero the scope in. She said he can't wait for his Sunday dog shoot.:D