Bought a Whistle Pig!

taylorce1

I bought my daughter a Ruger 10/22 Target a few years ago with a brown laminate stock and 20" heavy barrel. I pick up my Silencer Co. Sparrow suppressor on Monday, and realized I didn't have a threaded .22 rifle yet. So I ordered in a 16.5 threaded barrel from Whistle Pig.

I've never tried these barrels before, it is an all aluminum barrel with a liner. The barrel also has a Bentz chamber. The barrel came in and I just installed it on my daughter's 10/22, and all I can say is "WOW" that thing is light now! The only problem is the rifle doesn't balance well as it is now more butt heavy than muzzle. I'm hoping the suppressor on the end of the barrel will move the balance more forward again.

I'll review it later on when I get a few rounds down range and let you all know what I think about it. The barrel cost me $180 shipped, and threading with a thread protector would have cost me in the neighborhood of $140. Plus I didn't have to wait, so it was worth the extra $40 for me.

MarkCO

Good barrels. Never tried one, but have some friends who have them. I have TacSol, Kidd, Beyer and one stock one. Most of my bolts are TacSol, with a few others, but my stock bolts I got Que'd. Sadly he is not doing bolt work anymore. But to allow a Bentz chamber to ring out the most, getting the bolt work done is a very good idea. You can sink a lot of money on other stuff and premium bolts, but you can do just as well with getting the bolt reworked.

CPC still is accepting bolt work. Worth the $50. http://www.ct-precision.com/1022rework.html