Bought a Sig P228...woopee!

NuclearGlock

I did it. I bought a P228 that was turned in by the Chesterfield, Va. police force.
It looks as though it was never issued. The blueing is about 98%, and the internals have very little wear. It came with 2 hicap mags, the original case, manual, and test fire target.
I paid $500.00 for it. Did I do ok?
I think I love this pistol.
I guess I will have to change my handle to NuclearSig, eh?

[This message has been edited by NuclearGlock (edited November 30, 1999).]

Tecolote

$500 for a 98% P228 with two hicaps? Are they factory preban hicaps? If so then you did real good. I could only wish for such deals.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

NuclearGlock

Yup. Its all factory, and it looks good!
I can't wait to shoot this pup. The only fly in the ointment is that its a DAO. I will most likely have it converted to DA/SA in the future.

blades67

I think you got a very good deal. I bought a P228 in 99%+ condition with factory high-caps for 500$, including tax, about four months ago. :)

Happy Shooting and Merry Reloading! ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
Hey - yeah, thats a good deal.
The P228 is my favorite Sig 9mm. I had one for a short period of time.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
Hey - have you seen the new Ultimate Super Tactical Match Gun?"

lucky085

Your P228 is DAO? I have a P228(which I like), but I thought they all were DA/SA, with the decocker lever.

jimmy

Sounds like a good deal to me, especially with the hi-caps, which cost something like $70 or $80 each last time I looked. The P228 is my personal favorite SIG, so I believe you will enjoy owning it. Congratulations! :)

Phillip

NuclearGlock(SIG) :), you can always send it to SIG and have them do a conversion, or at least do a trigger job on it. Shoot it and see what you think of it, but most of all enjoy the feeling knowing you got a great deal.

Ben

Don't think I've ever seen a Sig 228 DAO. Congrats on the purchase and keep us updated.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Byron

Excellent price. The P228 does come in a DAO version, but I understand the conversion to DA/SA is simple. This is my favorite gun, and I'm on my second one. The first one I gave to the guy who built my house in trade for a bunch of extra work he did. Regretted it immediately, then had a tough time finding another one to replace it. Finally, a local sports superstore found one in stock at their store in Boise, ID and had it sent here. I like the Hogue rubber grips instead of the stock ones, and I grind down the back side of the mag release to make it harder to hit accidentally. Wonderful gun.

NuclearGlock

Here is my new (to me) Sig.
View

SIG

It's a beaut. Want to sell for $500.00????????????

Just kidding, good luck with it and have a holly jolly target practice.

SIG

MeTec1.jpg

I'm also a proud owner of a semi-new toy of my own.

[This message has been edited by SIG (edited December 09, 1999).]

wirenut

Nuclear_Glock, remember the old saying, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". This old adage may apply in your case. Before you go and change your pistol try learning to shoot it as is. When you learn to shoot a double action trigger well you'll be surprised how accurate you can be. I'm not referring to precision target shooting but rather the type of shooting that would most likely save your life in the event of a confrontation. When shooting offhand, at 25 yrds, with my Walther P99 I find it easier to make hits in the double action mode. When I should it SA I find that I flinch just enough to throw me off. I'm anticipating the break of the trigger but in Da mode I pull the trigger and it goes off before my anticipation throws me off target. Besides, many people have trouble with that DA/SA transition. I'm getting pretty good at it but it's taken alot of practice. Just a thought.