Bought a "discontinued" NEW ruger mark III threaded barrel 4 inch today from gunshop

9mm

So.......... Apparently they had this and never sold the floor model its DOM is 2012, almost didnt buy it. I almost didnt know what I was buying..... I knew I wanted the full metal body ruger 22 handgun so I stayed away from the 22/45.

Found this mark iii, in the picture below new at the store...
can someone tell me why they stopped making them? is it because they went to plastic and metal no longer cost effective?? It was the last one and I been wanting a full metal ruger handgun for the longest time.
It has a little wear from the customers touching it all these years, but shop has a strict no dry fire policy and ruger does have life time policy replacement.

Talo Edition?
attachment.php

Attachments

• x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 155

g.willikers

What makes you think they no longer make metal rimfire pistols?
There doesn't appear to be anything on their web that suggests it.
What is that weird gizmo on the end of the barrel?
It looks like a refugee from a garden hose or sprinkler head.
And don't sweat dry firing Rugers.
They have a crosspin that prevents the firing pin from hitting the back of the chamber when the gun is empty.
Ruger makes goood rimfires.

Last edited:

9mm

@ g.willikers
its a flash hider, you unscrew it and place a silencer on the threads under that.

I can't anywhere that makes this model in metal, rest are plastic, 22/45 or the non threaded version.

9mm

@ mavracer

I have not seen one other than online or this one. Most info I get from it are forum posts dating back to 2012-2013