Born on Date

BigG

What would be the date of manufacture of a S&W Model 27 serial no. N4359XX?

Thank you and happy holidays!

George:D

FPrice

BigG...

"What would be the date of manufacture of a S&W Model 27 serial no. N4359XX
?"

Looks like about very early 1978. Any chance of providing a pic?

radom

Hey FPrice you seem to have that down pretty pat! Could you be willing to do the same on a Model 56 #N74728X?

Frenchy

If you mean a model 57 radom, it would be a 1980 production vintage. The Model 56 is the KTX-38 USAF built on the K-Frame.

BigG

Thanks Frosty! I'm technologically challenged, unfortunately. No camera and no website to post the pic on if I had it. :eek:

It's factory fresh, 8 3/8" Nickel, TT TH checkered topstrap and sighting plane with some beautiful dark Goncalo Alves Magna stocks. Don't look like the cyl has been hardly turned. I will break it in, for sure.

I will have to get a camera someday so I can post pix. Thanks again!

radom

Boy I sure blew that one. I ment the Model 57 and not 56 (king of typo here). And thank you for the information Frenchy!

FPrice

radom...

"Hey FPrice you seem to have that down pretty pat!"

There are a few of us on the forum (Frenchy is a good source also) who study S&Ws on a regular basis. It all depends upon who sees the post first and can get to their book fastest.

FPrice

BigG...

" It's factory fresh, 8 3/8" Nickel, TT TH checkered topstrap and sighting plane with some beautiful dark Goncalo Alves Magna stocks."

I generally am not turned on by nickeled guns but it sure sounds like you have a beaut there!

Frenchy

There are a few of us on the forum (Frenchy is a good source also) who study S&Ws on a regular basis. It all depends upon who sees the post first and can get to their book fastest.

The "Book" makes me smarter than I really am, Frosty. I've only been collecting Smiths for about 9 months now, but with the amount of reference material out there, along with some real experts on the Smith & Wesson forum, I've come a long way with a long way to go. The S&W revolver is one of the most fascinating subjects I've come across in my 55 years. It's a shame I've waited this long to discover it.

BigG

Frenchy, I've always loved the S&Ws, too. They are mechanical marvels and about as foolproof a piece of machinery as has ever been invented.