Boot or Combat for S&W 66

quadcab

I want to put a pair of BUTLER CREEK rubber grips on a 4" mod.66. Any thoughts on what would be better for general handling and occasional carry would appreciated. I have a pair of BUTLER CREEK boot grips on a Mod. 60 and like them fine on that gun. Would the boot style be alittle too small for the K-frame or would there be enough grip to hold on to? Would the Combat style be better or too bulky? thanks,QUADCAB

VictorLouis

I experimented with that earlier today

I have a round-butt M66 with Hogue's, as I have always loved that grip. I have been carrying a M12 lately, with Boot grips, and my back-up 442 has always wore them. Today, I took the grips off of both Ks and switched back and forth between pairs on my 66. I tried one magnum load, and two +P .38 loads several times each.
Surprisingly, I didn't feel any less in-control with the Boot grips. I must try a few heavier magnum loads for sure, but I think they will work out fine. There is no question of the extra concealability they afford. Since everyone's hand size is different, you will have to try this for yourself as I did.:)