Bonding with my CZ PCR

Trooper Joe

Was looking over all my handguns including my serious 9mm carry guns and thought I would share some of my thoughts about the best looking, most comfortable shooting, never malfunctioning, etc., CZ PCR (Police Czech Republic) 9mm.

I removed the steel magazine butt plate on all my 14 round magazines and am using some very nice, hard plastic, “Canik” butt plates. On the 16-round magazine, I am using an item that was sold by CZ USA which put a sort of rubber spacer on the butt plate area of the magazine to use in the CZ Compact models. CZ does sell some very nice hard rubber butt plates that are better than the stock steel plates, but I really like these old Canik items.

The CZ sights were slightly modified with just simple white paint dots on them. The original configurations were a little “skimpy”. The gun comes with some great, semi sticky rubber grips but I opted to install these very nice wood grips from CZ.

Several years ago, I started my CZ experience with a Canik 9mm which was a copy of the CZ all steel Compact model. Within a few months, I had a full-size CZ 75, an all steel Compact, a Rami, and this PCR. I have sold them all but this PCR, which isn’t going any place.

My “truck door” gun is currently a Glock 19 in a padded case (LCP in my pocket), but this PCR is the gun I usually drool over and enjoy shooting at the range (it draws a lot of attention/sort of a “barbecue” gun).

The PCR is just too nice to get marked up carrying it around in my truck (or end up in a Police property room in case there is a serious social situation that I may encounter).

Please share your thoughts and first hand CZ experiences.

Trooper Joe

cslinger

Some CZ thoughts.......

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=585851

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598488

And since we are talking compacts a little CZ P01 glamor shot. :)

IMG_8478_zps8cxzcerd.jpg

Trooper Joe

Great gun. Thanks for the links to prior threads on this.

Is the PO1 the same as my PCR except for the rail?

Trooper Joe

cslinger

More or less yes. P01 has different sights, full dust cover and the rail other than that it’s an alloy, compact 75, decocker like the PCR.

JDBerg

My CZ 75B is at my local gunsmith for a new competition hammer and some trigger work. Previously, I had the CZ Custom blind tactical rear sight and F.O. front sight installed, and these are great sights on this gun, but it’s difficult to thumb-cock the stock ring hammer considering the way that this tactical sight overhangs the backplane of the slide. So I’m looking forward to getting this gun back soon.

nanney1

I own a Shadow 2 for competition and an SP-01 as a back-up. I’ve used Glocks for home defense and carry. But, I’m spending a good bit of time shooting the CZ’s, practicing with dry fire and live fire in both DA and SA. I still shoot my Glocks and sometimes take one of each to the range.

As a result of my dedication to learning the DA/SA platform on my CZ’s, I’ve decided to give a DA/SA pistol a try as a carry pistol. So, earlier this week, I sold off one of my Glocks, a Glock 23. And I purchased a Tristar/Canik C-100, CZ PCR clone. Still waiting for it to ship to my FFL. But, I look forward to shooting it. I’ve rented a P-01 at my local range and liked the size of the pistol.

Based on what I’ve read, the Tristar clones are quality pistols.

DMK

Nice PCR OP!

I absolutely love my PCR (and my '75B). I've swapped the grips for VZGrips G10, and the sights on for TruGlo TFX, with both fiberoptic and tritium so they glow day or night. It was my EDC for a few years until last year I switched to a CZ P-07 with a red dot and WML.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20161112_144625505_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20161112_144625505_HDR.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

jreXD9

"The PCR is just too nice to get marked up carrying it around in my truck (or end up in a Police property room in case there is a serious social situation that I may encounter)."

EXACTLY why I don't carry my PCR or Rami. I've lost a gun to the police before. Got it back 5 years later. I carry a 4" Mod 2 9mm or .45 instead. Of those 4, I'm less accurate with the Rami, then the .45. The PCR and 4" Mod 2 9mm are neck and neck. FEEL on both is very good. Hard to beat the feel of the PCR, though.