Bond Arms FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyobohunter

I still think that Bond Arms builds an excellent product (based on everything I've ever heard) for the intended use, so don't think this is to bash the product in the least. I just thought others may have been considering the product for the same reason as me. I'm looking for a smallish/lightweight carry option that I can feel comfortable packing while taking my 3 yr old on woods/edge of woods walks with. I e-mailed Bond about +P loads with the 45/410 bbls. The (timely) response was

Mr. XXXXXXX,

We recommend firing only standard .45 Colt ammunition from our .45/.410 barrels. We don't recommend firing +P, 454, 460, or any hot loads.

Thanks
BAI

Although I was a bit disappointed to hear this I appreciate the promptness and honesty and will still consider a future purchase for an in town carry option.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Given that there is no official +P standard for .45Colt, it's hard to see how they could say anything else.

Daryl

Uhh...have you ever shot Cor-Bon, Buffalo Bore, or similar cartridges from a full sized Blackhawk?

There's no way in heck I'd try shooting them from a derringer, even if it'd hold the pressure. That'd hurt...real bad.

Daryl

CANIS

I have a Bond in .44 Magnum. I shoot full power factory ammo in it. Winchester 240gr JSP ammo leaves the barrel at 1100fps. Recoil is invigorating. Love this little gun. I think the Bond can handle much more than our hands can!

wyobohunter

That'd hurt...real bad.
Yes it would, but I bet it'd hurt less than a Brown Bear mauling. I haven't shot the B-Bore Colt 45 loads, but I do shoot my own version of there 500 S&W 440 gr hard cast load. I just don't shoot it much;) That's what's in the cylinder most of the time though.

I have a Bond in .44 Magnum
I didn't know they made a 44 Magnum, all I remember seeing is the 44 Special, guess I'll take another look.

Status
Not open for further replies.