Bodyguard range report

headbangerJD

I got my new snubnose today, a S&W Bodyguard. I took it to the range immediately and shot about 100 rounds, half of them being +P. The gun is a beaut. It shoots high for some reason, but other than that I am very happy w/ my new revolver. It looks great beside my GP100:D. I bought a pocket holster for it also. Now I just need to make an appointment to get my CC permit.

marano

I have a bodyguard, a Model 649 in .38

It is my favorite snub. Very accurate and very stron. I like it. It is sized right and built well.

rantingredneck

It shoots high for some reason

Try a lighter bullet weight. Not sure what the Bodyguard's sights are regulated for but bullet weight affects POI with snubnose revolvers. Heavier the bullet the higher it will hit. Counterintuitive, but that's the way it works.

melchloboo

You have to be very careful that the sights are aligned, with only a rear "notch" to sight through, there is a tendency to want to lift the nose slightly to make sure you're even seeing the front sight...This happens to everyone I let shoot mine, and took me a little while to overcome.

RsqVet

I have a 649 and love it. No lock mod with a smoothed trigger and some other work done. I can shoot this gun really well, and it carries well. Will probibly by the next one that I see as well since I like to have a few snubs around.

Have a no-lock 642 somewhere as well but have never shot that as well -- may well sell that as it is sitting unloved.

katana8869

I had a tendancy to shoot high with my 638 when I first got it. I later realized that I had a habit of holding it too high on the grip when I was shooting it. I changed my hold and the problem went away. Check your hold on the gun as that may be the problem.

My 638 Bodyguard and 642 Centenial are great carry revolvers. I'm sure that you will love owning your Bodyguard.