Bodyguard 380 Pocket Carry

Dragline45

Anyone pocket carry the bodyguard 380? Thinking about picking one up to pocket carry in a wallet holster but was wondering if it would be too big and show out the top of my pocket. Before anyone suggests it the ruger lcp and kel tecs they arent approved in my state, currently this is the only pocket .380 I can buy.

engineer88

Check out youtube for comparisons. I think gunwebsite has a good comparison of it with a P3AT. They are very, very close in size, so I would say yes. I am seriously thinking about one of these for the same purpose. One can never have enough pocket pistols. :)

fla-c3

I hope you have better luck getting one than I did. I ordered one over two weeks ago through my local shop and it hasn't come in yet. Everyone else here locally has been out for a while. The online retailers also show no stock...

Last edited:

billnourse

Does the Bodyguard have near the same specs. as the Kahr P380? If it does, it will work in a wallet holster just fine. I carry my Kahr all the time in a wallet holster.

Bill

a.lol.cat

I'd be careful which wallet holster you buy if it is a true able to shoot while still in the holster. Make sure who every makes them has an ATF letter exempting them from 18 U.S.C. Chapter 44 or 26 U.S.C. Chapter 53, the AOW(any other weapon) classification of a NFA weapon.

I don't like any of the "shoot while still in the holsters". It exposes the trigger which is a major no-no in my book for a holster. Also all it would take is one cop who thinks he knows what he's doing to cause me more trouble than it's worth, even if it was a completely legal carry case, during something like a routine traffic stop.

Last edited:

ozarkrecluse

I carry my BG380 in a wallet holster. In a wallet holster the gun does not have to shoot while in the holster since the holster is going to stay in your back pocket while drawing you weapon so that's a non-issue. It's not how it works. A difference between wallet holsters and pocket holsters.

I don't really notice mine after awhile. The holster keeps the gun from imprinting. I do have one or two pair of jeans where the holster sort of peeks out over the top so on those days I use an ankle holster.

Jbb6811

i bought mine for a summer carry gun or backup during the winter(ill be getting an ackle holster soon) for now i carry it in an in-the-waist Uncle Mikes holster.
i'm still getting use to the heavy trigger pull of the pocket pistols but i do like this gun. i did have to sight in the laser because the laser and sights where not @ the same point of aim. so i used a laser bore sight and lined everything up. i've shot about 125 rds through it so far. i'm loving it more each time i shoot it.

a.lol.cat

IANAL but these are what I've read both in ATF letters and from the ATF website

Legal "wallet holster", doesn't conceal the fact it is a pistol, comes out when the weapon is drawn, exposed trigger.
holster-kelTec-w-side.jpg

AOW(any other weapon) NFA "wallet holster", conceals the fact it holds a pistol, comes out with the weapon when drawn, exposed trigger.
wallet-holster-2.jpg

"Pocket holster", regular old holster made to use in a pocket, helps with printing, covers the trigger, should stay in pocket when the weapon is drawn.
zzzzfm5.jpg

stokesj19

Wow what is the point of that holster. I thought the main reason for any holster is to block the trigger from a potential discharge.

bluefire357

Wallet case

One could sew a push through mesh such as very thin cotton fabric (like what is used under couches to block dust) to conceal the trigger. I will be doing this when I get my holster. In theory is ,one could lay the gun/holster on a table at a restaurant and no one would know what it was. Not that anyone should ever do so, but how many times have you had to go to the restroom stall to get the weapon arranged to sit in a booth. This way it can be moved from the back to the front pocket and no one would think it was anything but a wallet.

Don H

bluefire357, your modification to a wallet holster to conceal the fact it held a firearm would make it an AOW under federal law and thus a federal crime to manufacture and possess without requisite federal approval.