Boberg XR45--S

Microgunner

Ordered one last week and picked it up today. OMG! I'm in love and I haven't even fired it yet. It's 6+1 of .45ACP .45ACP+P or 45 SUPER with a 3.75" barrel, yet is smaller than a 3" 1911. It truly is pocket sized.

Like my Boberg XR-9 S it's beautifully built and slick as owl poop. The slide is rediculously easy to rack. Even worn out old grandma could do it.

Arne Boberg claims there are 8 recoil dampening features in the design making the felt recoil about the same as a full sized 5" 1911.

It came with 2 magazines and I've ordered a leather holster from Boberg's website.

Here it is compared to my Boberg XR9-S and Kahr MK9 Elite (which is exactly the same sizs as the PM9).

001_zps7628bda5.jpg

002_zps86c65a06.jpg

003_zpsd25ed901.jpg

004_zpsace8ae00.jpg

005_zpsc2f59683.jpg

006_zpsbb481e4d.jpg

SpareMag

NICE!!

I have been interested in Boberg but I haven't hit the lottery yet...:mad:

Lobe to see a range report!

Rembrandt

Friend got the XR45S a few weeks ago, took it to the range for a workout. It is one of the most pleasant shooting guns I've ever used. Very accurate, recoil was not such that you had to re-grip for the next shot. Only thing I did notice and thought was unusual, nearly all the picked up 45 brass had some damage around the case lip....haven't seen that on my Boberg 9mm cases.

I'm hoping to pick up a Boberg 45 later this year when the Platinum finishes are available.