Bobcat and PPK/22

Prof Young

Took the Bobcat and the PPK/22 to the range to do a comparison. Shot four kinds of ammo, Federal, Rem Thunderbolt, Norma tac22 and Aguila Super extra.

Shooting at 3 yard, the ppk, with an inch longer barrel, shot better groups with all loads. The Norma surprised me at how much tighter the groups were in both guns. Best group I got with the other ammo was probably about three inches out of the ppk. Norma was easily two or less. But, best price I've seen on the norma is 20 cents a round.

Only problems I had was with the Thunderbolt. Had a fail to fire and a fail to feed. Thunderbolt is my least favorite 22 ammo, but just today I bought a 500 box because I could get it for less than ten cents a round. I figure it shoots just fine out of my 22 long guns, no fail to feeds anyway.

I wasn't real pleased with the PPK when I first got it but, well broken in now, I'm much happier with the groups.

The bobcat is just fun to shoot, but with no slide hold back you gotta count the shots a dry fire is not recommended for that gun.

I'd not carry either gun, save as a BUG, or maybe a dog walking gun.

I keep telling myself I'm done with small guns . . . but then I see something in that just sort of calls my name . . .

Life is good
Prof Young

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 77

jar

I have a Bobcat and also a PPK/s 22 and I find the PPK/s is slightly more accurate and also more forgiving about ammo brands. What did surprise me though was that Aguila Super was hopeless in the Bobcat with near 100% failure to feed. The problem seemed to be the slide closing before the next round was fully chambered.

Drm50

I’ve had 4 Bobcats, no trouble of any kind. Main trouble is keeping them. All 4 are still in the family, maybe I’ll luck out and get another on trade. I’ve never bought one new. As for a Taurus, no thanks. The Berretta will still be ticking when the Taurus is in a shoe box on shelf in garage, in kit form.

John D

My Bobcat works best with high velocity ammo. The accuracy of this pistol is measured in feet, maybe in the single-digit range. The last time it was fired was to chase off a coyote with the noise.

tdrizzle

My Bobcat and TPH both like hot ammo, not large bulk pack stuff.

CCI 40 grain mini mags for the Walther, and 36 or 40 grain for the Beretta.