Boar hunting in Tenn.

auberg

Okay guys, need your advice.

Several of us are planning a boar hunt in Tennessee in October. My plan is to take my .308 bolt action to use, but I want to have a sidearm for closer ranges. I own a Taurus Gaucho in .45LC and am wondering if there is a load that would be useful in this caliber? I also have several .45acp pistols, but have already read that its not the best caliber for this use.

If there isn't a good load, I am considering picking up something in a .44 mag. I would rather not spend that money if I don't have to though.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

RoundsDownRange

Your .45 ACP would do just fine. I killed a hog on Fort Benning last year with a Smith & Wesson MP sub compact .40.. He came out of the brush to my front into the clearing I was in, turned broadside and took off. I caught him behind the ear. It was a great shot :) (Probably just lucky) but he took about 2 more steps and dropped. That was the only pistol I had on me. It was a last minute jet up to the spot.

auberg

Thanks guys.

I'm taking both pieces of advice. I'm ordering Buffalo Bore ammo for both the .45 LC and .45ACP. That way I can be covered which way I decide.

Or maybe both will go on the trip. :D

Thanks again.