Blue Light Special at the Fun Store, need date of mfg check

uglygun

27-2 with 4 inch barrel, plane black ramped front sight, P&R

Ser # N6336**

It's on consignment for right at 400 dollars with case, case isn't presentation grade(has plastic tray for gun with foamy lid covering that has degraded/disolved). So few marks on this gun that I'd judge it to be in 98% or better condition.

The S&W nut at the shop who shares my love affair with N-frames just couldn't help but come out to tell me about the 29-2 with 6 inch barrel he picked up. Some schmuck came in with a really pristine 29-2 and only wanted 290 dollars for it, the darn thing never hit the shelves because "shop boy" picked it up for his own personal collection. DOHITH! Me needs to start working at a gunshop me thinks. I bluntly told him that I'd make it worth his while to sell the thing to me if he decides to.

For Ca., neither of those guns were neccesarily "bad" prices.

I'll put it this way, I already have a very nice condition 27-2 with 4 inch barrel but I'm considering buying the other 27-2 4in. I figure I'll have them be my Wriggleys Doublemint guns, "two, yes two times the fun."

Radicalcleric

The 4" M27 is moderately rare. I tried to buy one recently on an auction site and stopped at $406. I was not the high bidder. That gun did not have any box. Irks me that you already have one and found another while I can't find even one.

If you want to buy that one, I'll trade you an 8 & 3/8 M27 in similar condition, also in the wooden box. I have two of these but no 4" model.

Wait, you live in the Occupied Territory? I guess I can't send that dangerous, unapproved gun there, can I?

uglygun

That would be correct Sr. The guns not on the approval list have got to already be within state lines, can't be sent across state lines for transfer unless maybe there is an acception for guns greater than 50 years in age. At which point, it would sure be sweet to get a Pre-27 357Mag.

What I'm really kinda holding out for though, either a 6 1/2 inch Model 27-2 or a 6 inch Model 28-2(the 28-2 would be a nice match/clone to my 38/44 Outdoorsman which I am dearly attached to but want to reserve for occasional use status). Also waiting on a 29-2 with similar barrel length.

At 400 dollars, it's a hard to ignore the temptation. Especially since the gun seems well put together, tight little sucker just like the other 27-2 that I own.

At any rate, if any guns like I'm looking for pop up before the new year I am on them like white on rice. And come next year, I might even put up with the new licensing crap depending on if I find a sweet enough deal.

tex_n_cal

And what was the name of that Fun Store in Cowpie, CA? :D

I am asking of course, from just up the road a spell :D

I know where there's a 5" 125th anniversary M27, and it too is pretty tempting:D

uglygun

That should be a 5 inch Model 27-3 50th Anniversary gun, I know because there used to be a spot where I could get one as well(same place I got my 125th Anniversary 25-3 for a SONG). The shop that had it was down in the Oxnard area but it got itelf in trouble with the DOJ for selling too many PvP transfers out of the dealer's personal collection, I guess their is some state imposed limit of only 5 guns per year. It's a shame too, the 27-3 50th Annv. gun was absolutely new in box with it's presentation case with only a 550 dollar asking price(same as my 25-3 went for).

Anyhow, if you are close it's a place called 2nd Amendment Sports located in Bakersfield, it's on Rosedale Highway just west(about 1 mile and on the south side of the road) of the 99Freeway. Don't know how long the revolver will be there though, I'm not sure how many S&W junkies are patrolling the town but I know there are a few.