Blue Colt MilSpec

cratz2

Pics of my new Colt MilSpec with Ahrends tactical grips refinished by me.

Attachments

• bluecolt1s.jpg
    bluecolt1s.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 123

cratz2

It's a very nice gun. I've been impressed with the 6 or so newest Colts I've handled. Much nicer finish than before. Also, compared to the Springfield MilSpec, there's a lot to like about this gun. For one, the finish is georgous - brushed flats and lightly blasted rounds. The grips are about a $40 option but I happened to get these for free when I pointed out that one of the grips was nicked a bit. The fit of the gun overall is the best I've seen from Colt in quite a while. I'm not big into the tighter is better mentality but the initial impression of a fairly tight gun that cycles smoothly is one of quality and this is such a gun. The front sight also fills up more of the rear notch which should aid in slow timed fire. I tend to like such sights.

I may look into getting a matching Commander. All my 1911s are full size guns and I think it's now time to branch out.

Lastly, I bought this gun to have built into a custom gun at some point. For now, I'll probably just switch out the trigger and be happy. I just hate how Colt always puts triggers that are about two feet long in their basic guns.

Jspy

I've seen those grips on some other posts and was wondering where I might find some. Any ideas

cratz2

www.pickagrip.com has several pairs of Ahrends grips in stock. These are the 'Tactical Checkered' type. It offers a nice balance of checkering in front where it is most effective while still showing off the nice wood grain.