Blackhawk questions

glockopop

There's a used Blackhawk I'm eyeing at the shop. It's a convertible model, with the spare 9mm cylinder, and has a 6-inch barrel. I'm mostly an autopistol guy, and the only SA revolver I've shot was a .22. They're asking $329, which seems to be a real good deal to me. I'm wondering how old it may be. The serial number starts with 33 and ends in 66. It apparently doesn't have a half-cock setting for the hammer, the cylinder "free-wheels" when the hammer is down. Is this the old model of the new model? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new model vs. the old? Any other general information about SA revolvers would be appreciated and other recommendations, if necessary, would also be appreciated.

glockopop

Good price or Fair price? Is this a deal I'm gonna find again? This is the first time I've seen a used convertible, and the only other used ones the store has are a 50th anniversary model and 2 stainless ones. All 3 are in pristine condition and are at least a hundred bucks more, so I have no frame of reference.

joab

I'm wondering how old it may be.
Post '73
What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new model vs. the old?
Disadvantage
If you push the cylinder to past the loading notch you have to go all the way around to load that chamber

Advantage
You can carry with all six rounds and not shoot yourself in the foot

whiskey

I see New Models in good condition for less than 300.00 pretty regularly. If the gun is in like new condition and the grip frame isn't beat up and there isn't a heavy cylinder line on either cylinder then it may be worth it.

You aren't stealing it at 329.00

44 AMP

Staff
fair?

Fair depends where you are. Guns go for different prices, depending on where in the country you are. I just saw a Blackhawk .357/9mm in my local paper for $395. For me, that is too high, but I bet someone will buy it.