Blackhawk ISSAK gear?

GunFool

Anyone have the opprotunity to try out the Blackhawk ISSAK rifle set-up? It seems to have the same design I use with regular LBE/web gear except with a few extras and the fact that everything is sewn in place. Would cost about the same as purchasing the entire rig in seperate pieces. Any opinions or experiences either way?

Thanks!

blades67

It strikes me as limited because the adjustability is gone. If a pocket is in the wrong spot for you there isn't much you can do about it this side of using a knife.

TimW

As pointed out, the ISAAK and the Israeli Defense Force A-10/Ephod are fixed-pocket LBE set ups. This can be good or bad, depending on your needs.

My South African P-83 vest is one of my favorite, and is a fixed pocket set up. I designed the MESA vest based on the South African design, but made it completely modular so I could use pouches for my .308 rifle. Each vest serves a purpose.

While modular vests can be less expensive to start out with, you will find that you'll be buying every new pocket that comes out...it's the gear-queer equivalent of the surfer's endless search for the perfect wave.

At retail, I probably have over $350 into my MESA set up. As I find pouches I like better, I sell off the old ones.