Black Widows

prm

Good score this week. I started off with a NIB North American Arms (NAA) Black Widow in .22 LR. Got it home and the wife really, really liked it. Well, what was I to do? Anytime the wife wants a gun - that's a good thing.

Next, I did a little searching and found another one LNIB (99%) in .22 LR/.22 Mag at a super low price. Got the gun, both cylinders, two sets of grips, and a concealment holster for $289.00. Now we are both happy.

Finding .22s has been a little hard, but my search has not been all a loss. Even found some .22 Mags. The convertible (.22LR/.22Mag) is mine. Although, I am not really convinced the mag is that much better of a round out of a 2 inch barrel. I'll probably keep the LR cylinder in it most of the time.

Hoping to get to the range this week with them, more later...

Attachments

• IMG_0404.jpg
    IMG_0404.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 107

PetahW

I didn't care for the large rubber bumpers on my BW convertible, so I mounted a set of hard rubber birdshead style grips, which helped immensely for CCW.

DSCN0433.jpg

Glenn E. Meyer

I put on the slip on rubber grips for the same reason. No need to have big grips on a tiny gun which is a BUG. But whatever works. I like the NAAs.

PetahW

While they might be found at funshows, most dealers won't stock specialty guns, on the hope/speculation they'll sell - unless the dealer's pretty large, or a NAA fan.

There happens to be two-three FFL's in my area that do. (Southern New England)

Maybe someone, over on the NAA site ( http://naaminis.com/smf/index.php?board=3.0 ) could point you to an FFL in your area who has them.

Last edited:

bonefamily

unless the dealer's pretty large, or a NAA fan

I'm glad one of our local dealers is a NAA fan - says he's been carrying one for 40 years (when they were under a different name). He had three there this past week and I picked up a 22mag/lr convertible regular mini. Lay'd it away actually. Looking forward to paying that one off.

The BW's looks great, prm!

bikerbill

Bought my Pug from the display case at McBride's in Austin ... they stock a LOT of handguns ... it's in my pocket now, one of my favorites to take to the range ....

gav1230

Honestly at the price they usually go for i dont really see any reason not to have a NAA. theyre cool litle guns and i plan on getting one eventually. My local cabellas has some, personally id rather get their new sidewinder model than any of their other models. I believe the sidewinder might be more expensive though.