black or silver scope?

Waterengineer

I just purchased a Remington 700 in 30-06 from a friend that is going through a rough time and needed some quick cash. I got it for an extremely great deal given that it hasn't has a cartrige thorugh it. He wanted to keep the scope for another gun. The Remington is black with a stainless barrel.

Please post pictures of your stainless steel barreled rifle with silver or black scope and rings. I have a decision to make. Thanks - Craig

jmr40

No right or wrong answer but I cannot like the silver scopes, even on a stainless rifle. To me a matte black scope looks best and can also be used on a blue gun later if you want to sell the gun or swap scopes around. The silver scopes would never look right on a blue/walnut gun.

sholling

I like black and stainless better than 3 mismatched shades of silver (action, rings, scope).

DNZ-Tikka-2.jpg

bottom rung

Sholling, what type of scope is that? It so boldly says "Made In USA". Here is my Ruger Hawkeye M77 MkII All Weather with a silver Leupold VX-1. In retrospect, I should have gone with black because it matches more guns than silver. Picture not uploading. I think I need to resize it.

Attachments

• IMG_0394m2.jpg
    IMG_0394m2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

T.A.Sharps

You decision shouldn't revolve around what color your scope is. Normally people only worry about scope color if it needs to be camouflaged.

Get the right scope what you need, and get the one that is the best quality you can afford.

If the color of it really bothers you that much, you can tape up the ends and the turrets and paint the thing any color you want.

700prtc4.jpg

700prtc2.jpg

M24.jpg

e3b35_united_states_army_acu_painted_m24_rifle_sitting_on_rear_of_vehicle.jpg

Waterengineer

Black it is

jmr, sholling, bottom:

Yep, I'm with you. Black it is. I just needed confirmation (seeing a picture or two) that black, stainless, black is the way to go. (It has a black synthetic stick which I did not say in the original post.)

He had a silver scope on it that I thought never looked right.

Kreyzhorse

A black scope is the wise choice. With the black stock, stainless barrel and a black scope, that rifle will look outstanding.