Black Hills Ammo

Kevin_d77

Anybody use it? Looking for something for my EDC Shield 9mm. Was thinking of the 124gr +P round since I can't really find anything else. I have some Golden Sabre 115gr +P as well but from what I read online, a lot of people prefer the 124 out of the smaller barrel.

Thought and/or opinions? They're going for like $37/50

Powdersmoke

I've been using Black Hills 115g+p jhp ammo for years and I'm very happy with it. It's accurate, reliable and one of the few 9mm loads that I trust to expand out of a 3" barrel.

The used to have a great +P load in 9 and 45 with Solid Copper Barnes bullets. ;) Look for those bad boys. That's what I always carry. Good Luck

Kevin_d77

I order a couple hundred rounds. The only SD round I could really find and seemed to get pretty good reviews. We shall see if both of my Shield eat them up or not!

Also ordered a Theis holster too. Looking forward to all of this for sure.

drail

Black Hills is the finest production ammunition you can buy. Their standards and quality control are extremely high.

DPris

Member Emeritus
Used their products in MANY guns in several calibers for many years.
Highly recommend it.
Denis

JohnKSa

Administrator
Very good stuff. It used to be quite inexpensive, but now too many people know about it and the prices have risen accordingly.

Kevin_d77

$37 for 124gr +P JHP. Reasonable price for SD ammo, even before the gouge. Federal Hydroshock was like $20/20 rds.

Nothing great but you gotta do what you gotta do. These are for the 3.1 barrel Shield

B. Lahey

They make magnificent ammo, but they don't make their own projectiles, and the people who do make the bullets are sketchy about BH advertising that they use their components, since the final product is sometimes a competitor to their own ammunition. This causes a weird situation where it's harder to figure out exactly what you are getting with a BH load.

sunaj

Love it
course you never know what your gun likes to eat until you try it
very accurate rds in my toys

sunaj