Black Friday gun sales?

gaseousclay

Do gun retailers typically offer Black Friday deals on firearms? I'm hoping I can get a good deal on my next gun but wanted to know if they exist. Do online retailers like Buds offer deeper discounts than they currently have?

chrisp51

The only one I have seen so far is Gander Mountain and thier sale prices are everyone elses regular prices. Go to Fatwallet.com and look at the black friday ads.

osirus82

i've been looking for a deal too but to no avail. sportsmans has a couple of ar's on sale a bushmaster for 550+ and a dpms for 899+ prolly only 2 of each in stock and enjoy waiting inline, gander also had a 223bushmaster for 799 i think. Its sad, even that little mossberg tatical .22 is up like 70.00 from last year.

it would be nice if some online stores did some deals, please?:D

Rmart30

Dicks sporting goods had some last year ... they had at least 10 of each on sale models in stock the manager said.

chiefr

Most retailers like Dicks, Cabelas, Sports Authority, Bass Pro run their sales relative to hunting season which often overlaps Black Friday. I have seen some good deals.
Gander Mountain :eek:, firearms, and sale do not belong in the same sentence..

SamNavy

I guess that is their choice to sell what they want. My choice is to be done with them.
You probably shouldn't shop at Walmart, Ebay, Amazon, Groupon, or use a Visa or Mastercard because they all have/had anti-gun policies for years. You probably shouldn't buy a Ford, Chevy, or Dodge either because they all spend advertising dollars on NBC which is vocally anti-gun. And you absolutely should never watch a NASCAR race because BankOfAmerica is a major sponsor and they hate gun companies. And for the love of apple pie, don't ever buy a Ruger because Bill sold us out to the democrats 20 years ago.

Just saying... in the end, no major entity can ever shake every last bit of anti-gun, even the stuff that shills make up. These large companies make decisions revolving around tens of thousands of employees and billions of dollars, and YES, money is the bottom line in most cases.

Besides, Dicks is making good by opening new Field&Stream stores that will sell all the AR stuff you can handle, including a deal with Troy.

Locally here in VaBch, the Dicks was one of 2 companies that still got regular'ish shipments of ammo during the worst parts of the March-June shortage and NEVER raised their prices... just sayin'.

However... where I put my foot down are with the smaller businesses that ONLY sell gun/shooting stuff and decide to sell us out for profit. Botach, for example, can kiss my big white butt!

Again, just sayin'...

Strafer Gott

The one at my LGS, Petersons' in Albuquerque looks like it will be one of the best ever.
I'm trying to get my nickels and dimes lined up. They seem to have cornered the market on used stuff. There's this model 14 Smith with a gold bead sight that's tugging at my heart strings, but there's a model 57 and a 27 and all kinds of pretty girls. I shoot the industrial stuff all week. For pure recreation, or when my friends ain't looking, I have to get the wood out, if you catch my drift. Nothing like wheelguns for woods bumming.

Brotherbadger

I expect online stores like PSA to have sales on either black friday or cyber monday. As far as Big Box Stores? I don't expect much as far as actual firearms, but other things like cleaning supplies or ammo i expect some nice sales.

SamNavy

PSA is already showing some BFD's... Anderson stripped lowers w or w/o trigger guard for $50 (shows $7 shipping to VA)... combine that with one of their $80 complete LPK's and have a full lower in your hands for about $160 with a reasonable FFL fee. This is the cheapest I've seen a forged stripped lower since last Nov.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/psa-lower-safe-fire.html

I'm thinking about just buying a half-dozen and throwing them in a box for a rainy day.