Black Friday deals

reynolds357

Anyone know of any particularly good deals on bolt rifles tonight and tomorrow.
I am looking for anything with a good action to canibalize. I used to be able to find Stevens 200's pretty cheap, but have not found any lately at a price I would consider special. Best thing I have found on 700 is $400 for an ADL, not wonderful by any means.

Kleab

You can find a brand new Savage Hog Hunter on Gunbroker for less than $400.

I've considered finding a donor gun for various builds and all my searching keeps taking me back there. Savage Action and the AccuTrigger for under $400. Plus, it only comes in 3 calibers, all of which have different action sizes.

223 Rem, 308 Win, and 338 Win Mag. That's gotta give you something solid to work with.

ALSO, since it is the Model 11/111, it gives you a lot more aftermarket stock options than you would get if you were to go with something like a Savage Axis or a Ruger American.

Last edited:

reynolds357

The Ruger American is definitely an awesome deal, but until stocks become available, I wont build a custom on one. The hog hunter is an interesting idea. The pawn shop here in town sells them for $420 out the door cash. I had forgotten about them. The Remington 700 is the best deal for me because the Remington brings much more money than the Savage if I sell it after the build.

reynolds357

I would avoid the Axis mainly because I could never sell anything built on one for a decent price. I keep most of my customs, but occasionally I sell one if it does not tickle my fancy like I thought it would.