Bit the RWS bullet (pun intended)...

Beentown71

Went to my local Wally World and stopped by the Sporting Goods counter and they had the RWs for $12.97 a box. Bought 4 to try them out. I figured for that price I would see how each of my 9's like it.

If my store has reduced the price then I am sure others have. Just a heads up for the people that know they like the stuff.

Beentown

angel71rs

Thanks for the heads up. Local Wallys always seem to have RWS boxes gathering dust. Have WWB 9 luger about half the time I check. For the price difference, I always pass on the RWS, wait for WWB. But if they price adjust here too, might give it a try.

I've read RWS is good ammo, please update when you actually shoot some off.

fastforty

I noticed this morning that the price dropped to $12.97/box here too. I think we should keep holding out until they match the WWB price :)

PSP

I'd buy it at that price. It's pretty good practice ammo. It felt a lot like Winchester NATO to me and fired just fine.

FatPants

Beware, a lot of indoor ranges are not allowing this stuff. There appears to be a steel jacket under the copper jacket... I didn't believe it, but a fridge magnet sticks to the bullet.

catzor

I bought a few boxes a little while back. It shot well and was super clean, but I didn't do any accuracy testing or the like with it. At $13, I'd buy some more.

I bought a box of RWS to compare to WWB, Federal and some Blazer 9mm in my Springfield 1911 Loaded Target. Depending on how it preforms might have to get a few more boxes if they've lowered the price. Stuff has been sitting around for weeks and weeks @ my local Wal-Marts.

KyJim

I shot 50 rounds of it over the weekend from my SW 3913. No malfunctions and not excessively dirty. It was as accurate as the typical 9mm range ammo I use (WWB, UMC, etc.). I'd say it is good range ammo, at least for outdoors. I was not aware it might contain steel and didn't try the magnet test.

J.T.

We noticed that W-mart dropped the price a little so we bought 2 boxes (124grain I think). It shot fine. We tried it out in tried it in the K9, both czs, and the xd. It seemed a little smoky, but not to the point of being a problem. We were at in indoor range, but they did not seem to care what type of ammo we were using. After reading one of the posts here, I gave it the magnet test-it did indeed stick. Hmm, who knew?