Bisley Hammer Spur

logeorge

A bisley hammer spur on a single-action revolver seems to be in favor with those who like to customize their sixguns. I don't care for them, myself. I have a Ruger Bisley, and it works O.K. there, but on a standard single-action I would rather have a spur like the 1851-1860 models. I take a rather high grip and even the standard spur rests on the web of my hand when at full cock. My hands are probably a little smaller than average, but not tiny, either. Maybe they are shaped funny or something. Does anyone else have the same opinion? (On the spur, not my hand shape!):D L. O. G.

madcratebuilder

The Bisley hammer spur is lower and easier for me to cock with a single hand hold. I built this Anniversary NMBH with a brass birdshead grip frame and a Bisley hammer. To use a Bisley hammer in a non Bisley grip frame you have to remove material from the back side of the hammer, at least when dealing with Rugers.

PICT0011Medium.jpg

PICT0004Medium-1.jpg

madcratebuilder

Thank you gentlemen. Sadly the brass grip frames are no longer available. When they show up on the auction sites they tend to cost a lot more than I want to pay. I sure wish I had bought a few more when I had the opportunity.

I do have a pair of brass SBH Dragoon style frames that I need to do something with. One is going on my ROA when I get to it.