Birthday present ideas for my hubby please?

princess-bluey

OK guys, since my hubby spends a fair bit of time on this forum, I thought I'd ask you guys for ideas on what to give him for his birthday this week?

IZinterrogator

After going back through his posts, he seems very enamored with the .270 cartridge and reloading. I'd ask him what he wants for his reloading press set-up or just go with John and buy him a case of .270 and go to the range with him.

PSP

I have two suggestions, but the first one doesn't involve firearms. :D:eek:

#2 - Ask him, not us.

chachie420

well its my birthday tomorrow and every year the wife and kids dont even have to ask ...they know its ammo or clips usaully they get a few of both ..a man can never have enough ammo.

princess-bluey

Crikey guys, the unsaid present is always given :D! The other one I need to gift wrap, I also want to be a surprise, which is why I'm on here asking you instead of him! He hasn't been to a range for over 30 years, I don't see that changing any time soon, he'd rather "shoot to kill!"! Besides, it too stinking HOT up here, (39 to 42 degrees celcius in the shade) to go outside during daylight hours. It doesn't get cool here till around 5am, then by 8am the temperature is well over 30 degrees celcius!!! (thats why spotlight shooting is popular up here!)
PS: Victoria's Secret might fit around one leg, but I sure as hell wouldn't get the rest of me in! :eek:

BillCA

If he likes to read, especially stories about hunting, I can think of a couple of books by the same author... The first two books are engrossing and fascinating as much for their history as the suspense of the hunt.

Author: Peter Hathaway Capstick
Titles: Death in the long grass
......... Death in the Silent Places
......... Maneaters

Other good books:
The wicked wit of Winston Churchill
My Early Life: 1874-1904 (by Churchill)

Preparing Fish & Wild Game: The Complete Photo Guide to Cleaning and Cooking Your Wild Harvest
Cabin Cookin': The Very Best Recipes for Beef, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, and Wild Game in Dutch Ovens, Skillets, and Grills

B.N.Real

Tell him you want to buy yourself a gun for self defense.

Then take him to the gun store and let him go through the guns he likes and those he likes for you.

Then ask him,"What gun here do you really wish you had."

Then buy it for him.

:D

(just don't pass out when he wants a $1800 Sig target pistol)

Ruger4570

Princess, you sound like one hell of a great lady. Actually, we don't do tempatures in Celcius here, but I think 30 C is pretty hot. Lucky you, we are at 25F. which might be off the C scale??? :D
If your hubby likes to read, I think Silicone Bill (BillCA) made a great suggestion. I love anything by Peter Hathaway Capstick. Riviting reading.
Best wishes from the Colonies..

princess-bluey

Princess, you sound like one hell of a great lady.
Thanks! :)

Spot lighting is pretty popular up here as daytime temps range between 100F to 112F, we sorta turn into vampires & only venture out after sundown!

we are at 25F.
Crikey! It NEVER gets THAT cold here!!! Lowest we've had is 30F & only because of a cold snap, we still had a daytime high of 60F!

I purchased hubby his Ruger .270 about 12ish years ago, & have added various accessories each year.

He bought me a nice light .22LR with a lever action for our 1st wedding anniversary some 18ish years ago. :rolleyes:

He hasn't been to a range for 30+ years, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

By the way, 'self defence' is not grounds for purchasing a firearm in Australia. :(

Re-loading is his current "flavour of the month"

I have more... err... 'generous' curves than victoria secret allow for! :eek:
(Built for comfort, not for speed!) :D

Thanks for the suggestions, it is much appreciated & will give me something to think about! :)

Last edited:

Kreyzhorse

Author: Peter Hathaway Capstick
Titles: Death in the long grass
......... Death in the Silent Places
......... Maneaters

If he likes to read, hunt and has any interest in Africa, any of the "Death" series by Mr. Capstick are great reads, including, but not mentioned above, Death in the Dark Continent and Death in a Lonely Land.

Or, if he doesn't have one, how about a nice multi-tool? My Leatherman is like a third hand.

princess-bluey

Todays The Big Day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCULLANDCROSSBONES65!!!

birthdayimages.jpg

(I found out today that you can't purchase ammo in Oz if you don't hold a shooter's licence!)

Last edited:

Yellowfin

My recommendations:

1. AR15 lower receiver
2. Elmer Keith "Hell, I was There!"
3. Jeff Cooper "The Art of the Rifle"
4. CZ 52
5. Makarov