Birthday gun

robctwo

I'm turning 60 this month. Called my gun dealer to see how much a 617 would cost, and how long to get one in. He said he had one in the case, $650. Happy birthday.

I had ordered a couple Wolff spring kits, had the Ahrends retro combat on my 620. Did a stone and polish on the internals. Installed the full power Wolff mainspring and the 14 pound rebound spring. Shot a few cylinders off just a while ago. Feels like a keeper.

DSCN0986.jpg

DSCN0989.jpg

robctwo

Took it out for a spin Sunday and this afternoon. Lots of fun.

617b.jpg

617a.jpg

Took the 18-3 along as well

18-3a.jpg

And the 19-3

19-3a.jpg

Yes, I like the 4" S&W.

Got it dialed in pretty good. It is a little heavier than the 18-3, but I do like the 10 shots.

robctwo

I just stripped the poly off the two sets last night. I'll be oiling them over the next couple days. My problem is that on occasion I would get some gun cleaning product on the grip and that softened the poly coating.

MrBorland

Congrats on a great gun. My 4" 617 is my most-used gun. It was pricey, but in retrospect, one of my wiser purchases.

robctwo

I've been shooting autoloaders for a few years. Bought the .22 Kadet for my CZ 75 early on, and have been shooting .22 at the range regularly. Bought a Ciener .22 for my .45s. Have the obligatory Rugers, including one from the early 50's from my Dad.

Just got into the revolvers this last year. I needed a couple .22 K frames. I might need a .22 J frame in the future.