bipod qustion

scoobydoo6906

Ok so I have little to no experience with bipods I'll say that first. all I am really wandering in your opinions are the Harris bipods worth the extra money compared to brands such as shooters ridge and the like. If you could tell me your reasoning I would be thankful.

THEZACHARIAS

My experience with the Harris models is good thus far. Seems very stable and sturdy, though I admit I havent used one in any kind of a rustic outdoor kinda setting. Handling a few of the other brands after theyve seen a bit of use, they seem a little shaky (didnt get a chance to actively use them on a rifle, though).

mikejonestkd

Harris is my bipod of choice. Sturdy, dependable and well made. They are easily worth cost of purchase. I have several and am looking to get two more benchrest models in the near future, as soon as I sell two 13-23" models that I have.

flippycat

what caliber will it be used for?

Not that it makes a huge difference in quality, there are much cheaper versions with decent quality that work excellent on smaller calibers that will not see much recoil.

greensteelforge

As with any equipment, you can't have quality without paying for it. I stopped using bipods a long time ago for hunting. It is far easier to just put a pad on the under side of the forearm, and use whatever rest is handy at the time of the shot. Bipods get caught on everything in the woods. The only place I would even contemplate using one would be open plains in REALLY flat country. As far as accuracy is concerned, practicing for the most inconvenient shooting situations, as well as optimal, will make your rifle allot more accurate than any bipod. I have had the springs on a harris bipod completely screw the harmonics on my long range rifle, it changed point of impact, and opened the grouping significantly (the rifle in question is a custom built .308 with a tuned jewel trigger on a fitted 700 action, bedded to an H.S. Precision tactical stock with a vapor tube, and tuning fork, and a Lothar-Walther pipe). Accessories won't get you any further than you can get without them.

Kreyzhorse

Harris is my bipod of choice. Sturdy, dependable and well made. They are easily worth cost of purchase.

+1. I find Harris well made and would certainly buy another if had a need for another bipod.