bipod mount for Hi-Point carbines?

BADMAN400

I bought a stud from the gun store and drilled a small pilot hole in bottom of the forend to screw the threaded stud into, so I could mount a bipod. The forend though is plastic molded in halves and so the drilled hole ended up between the two halves and when I screwed the threaded stud in, it wasn't strong enough to support the bipod. Any ideas from you guys on the best way to make a bipod work with the 4095? Maybe a setup similar to the CX4 Storm forend rail kit? Any ideas or pics of successful bipod mounts on the Hi-Point Carbine would be appreciated. :cool:

mtnboomer

One word - EPOXY!

Is the stock hollow? if it's not, try drilling the hole about twice oversized then fill the hole completely with epoxy and let it setup. After a couple of days redrill the hole to the correct size and install the stud.

If it is hollow, the rail may be your only option. Figure out where the rail should mount, scribe a line around the rail and mark screw holes, roughen the area inside the scribed line and on the underside of the rail and drill undersized screw holes, apply release agent (paste wax works well) outside of the scribed line and sides of the rail, apply a thin coat of epoxy inside the scribed line and the underside of the rail and inside the screw holes, set rail in place and install screws until snug, use heavy rubber bands or surgical tubing around forearm to hold rain in place until epoxy dries.

Hope this helps.

BADMAN400

Thanks Mtn! Great advice-sounds perfectly reasonable, except that the rail I mentioned for the CX4 probably won't mate closely enough with the surface of the Hi-Point forend's shape for the epoxy to adhere well. It would leave me having to build-up with the epoxy to fill in the gaps, and I'm not sure that would hold either. The forend of the Hi-Point is chambered hollow plastic with baffles, split down the length of the barrel. So, I'm gonna have to figure out a way to fabricate something similar to the CX4 "wrap-around/sling-sleeve" system that will hug the bottom surface of the forend tightly. That way maybe I can bolt it through with a long bolt from side to side and use epoxy as well. I'm still sleeping on it, but your idea helps me along Mtn. Keep em coming! :cool: