Binary Trigger Symbol

'88Scrat

I've got a Springfield Armory Saint that I'm going to install a Frankling Armory Binary trigger into. Since my safety selector will soon be able to go into all three positions I was looking for a new marking for the positions.

I don't really want to use the huge red sticker that comes with the trigger kit. I was thinking of taking the lower to an engraving shop and having them engrave the binary position into the lower itself. But I'm not sure what symbol to use. My first thought was two bullets with arrows going both ways but that's kind of guess at this point.

Is there something better I could be using or any ideas you have? I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks!

I would use the sticker, at least until after the election. I fully expect binary triggers to be outlawed, the same as we lost bump stocks. What good is your engraved icon if you have to remove the trigger?

Nathan

I’ll bite....2 bullets

Relax...both Sleepy and Dopy will have forgot all about AR14’s while basking in the joys of new found power. They’ll be too busy touching the interns!

Screwball

I use Fostech Echos... two actually.

My one lower is a Spikes with the bullet markings... which the third position is one in a box and a second in front. Looks good.

The Anderson that I built my pistol off of has HK stickers. You can Google them, but it is a sticker sheet with a bunch of different ones. I put the whites on Safe, single on Fire, and two round burst on Echo.

v0hG5Fh.jpg

Happy with how it came out. Worst case, I peel them off and figure something else. I do believe I have stencils. Other option would be to send it to be engraved... which I might do when I go for my AOW and SBR (neither are this pistol).

Skans

I don't see the point of marking the receiver. I have the Frankllin Binary and the Fostech Echo - I know where the switch needs to go to put it on Binary.

'88Scrat

Skans,

For me it would be a purely completionist thing. If you're gonna do it why not complete the look aesthetically? Maybe not for everyone but it would make it stand out.

2wheelwander said:
I'm fully with Aquila Blanca. I know of at least one sticker in the trash.
But I don't advocate throwing the sticker in the trash. I advocate using the sticker for now, until we see whether or not binary triggers are going to follow bumpstocks into banland. Once the dust settles, if binary triggers haven't been outlawed you can always peel off the sticker and have the receiver engraved.