Bill of sale

BerettaCougar

So a friend asked me for one of my copies of the Bill of Sale forms I use for when I sell or buy a firearm FTF, and I figure I'll share with you all.
Just copy and paste the form from the site to a Notepad or Blank Word document (not wordpad).

At the lower part of the page it has other Bill of Sale templates for other states. In Florida a notary public cost 5 bucks usually.

I also always staple a copy of the other parties state issued ID to the form.
If the other party refuses, I simply look for the firearm else where. I always provide a copy of mine.

Here is the link to the template.
http://www.ilrg.com/forms/billofsale-asis/us/fl

On the same page that includes the copy of the ID I also include a description of the firearm including the serial #.
If you do go to a notary public, make sure you get both pages stamped.

Smokey Joe

Good bill of sale, Beretta Cougar! In my state it doesn't have to be notarized, so I don't. The bill of sale I worked up on my own is otherwise very similar to yours, but I include the name & address of the buyer as well, and the buyer states that he is in no way legally prohibited from buying the described goods, and also states that he plans to use them in a strictly legal manner.

My document also serves as a receipt to the buyer, for the money, and to the seller, for the goods.

Have 2 copies ready; buyer signs both, I sign both, I look at his drivers license if I don't know him, and that's that. He keeps "buyer's copy," I keep "seller's copy."

Everybody's happy.

When I buy FTF, most others seem to have a much more casual approach, usually. Works for me, as long as they are willing to give me some kind of a receipt for my money in exchange for the described goods.

Have never had a problem as a result of any FTF sale, either as buyer or seller. Never heard of someone else having a problem, either. Mebbe I've lived a sheltered life.

Smokey Joe

State of "be"-ing...

Alleykat--A bill of sale, receipt, call it what you will, is not required in my state either. But I use one anyhow.

Call it a reaction to the times in which we live.