BigJimP, Zippy.... The KlawMan beat me...

oneounceload

sounds like congrats for him are in order and a new gun for you should be on order!....After all, it is ALWAYS the gun and not the shooter that misses, right?!

:D Good for him - bet it made his day

BigJimP

I'm sorry for your pain..../ but happy for him ....

( you could threaten to tie your gun to the bumper ---and drag it thru the parking lot ...) ...:D

Dare we ask your respective scores ...?? / or will that make the pain worse .... :eek:

zippy13

sounds like congrats for him are in order and a new gun for you should be on order!
Yep, a new gun always shoots better! It doesn't have to be factory fresh, just new to you.

TheKlawMan

Weatherby is being kind. The second round I fell apart and he was shooting an ice pick. I am not sure if it was a Model 97 or a Model 12, but I think it was also a 16 gauge. what he doesen't say is that when he shot a round with the group of regulares following us, he got a 24.

As an aside, I finally got the big wooden handle for my MEC Sizemaster that you guys recommended and it is soooooo much easier.

BigJimP

No response as to the scores yet....I'm waiting patiently ....:rolleyes: ....

could it have been ......

a. a 12 and a 13...:eek:
b. a 24 and a 25 ....:D
c. ( the best 25 out of 30 ...??? ) ....:rolleyes:

we'd all really like to know ...and the longer you make us wait...the worse our expectations get... ( do I hear an 11 and a 12 ...) ....

TheKlawMan

Jim, My score wasn't anything you would be happy with. It was an 18. In other words, Weatherby had one very bad round and for me, I did better than I have before.

BigJimP

Ok, so an 18 and a 17 .....that's not as bad as some of us were thinking....:eek: ( ok, I was thinking...) ...not everybody ...:D

but seriously, happy to hear you had a good day ...( better than my day, sitting in my office ) ....congratulations buddy.

BigJimP

Hey, a win...is a win ........don't knock it !!

It takes time ......and focus ....and money ....( and a coach probably ) ...

Dare we ask your respective scores ...?? / or will that make the pain worse ....

In the respective round I shot a 15 with a 20 gauge model 12 Winchester, while the KlawMan shot an 18 with his XS Skeet...

I've been living in over/under land and neglecting my pump action roots...

TheKlawMan

The thing is I barely have a clue as to how to shoot skeet, which is about the same as trap, but I am going to get Weatherby and his friends show me a few things.

oneounceload

It is to your advantage to shoot skeet with a shotgun......:D

High house 1 and low house 7 are the easiest stations to start and learn on.

The others are either quartering or directly crossing

If you want to play with a hard core skeet shooter, have him shoot international style - low gun and up to a three second delay - they'll kick you out and motion to the 5-stand and sporting clays fields for you to go to........ ;)

but a day at the range ....vs in the office ...is still worth it buddy.

Hang tough ..!

This is true... I shot a 23 with a 20 gauge express the next round and a 24 in the following round.. I just get quite unhappy when I drop below a 23...

TheKlawMan

Yeah. Weatherby's sqaudmates and I were having a good time watching him beat up on these guys with there K & P guns, while Weatherby shot his little 870.

BigJimP

I'd suggest you two guys ....shoot to establish a rolling average...( say a 200 target rolling average ) .....over 2 range sessions ( 100 birds a day)...

and then handicap eachother...
Avg ( 21 - 23 ) -- you get 1 bird
Avg ( 19-20 ) -- you get 2 birds
Avg ( 17-18 ) -- you get 3 birds..
Avg below 17 .../ you have to wear a sign on the back of your shooting vest..." I Suck at Skeet " ...

and with handicapps figured in now / over a 100 target day....loser pays $ 5 into a kitty ...for cold drinks afterwards.../ or lunch or whatever....give you something to "shoot" for ....and of course not to "wear" the sign...

and averages get re-calculated every 200 targets....so you don't get a disadvantage all day ..if you're improving...

Just trying to help ...:D

BigJimP

Oh, ok ...........so we're back to "talking about it" ...vs doing it ...??? :D

Hey, best 25 out of 30 is just fine .....( carry a few extra shells out to the field ...) ..../ maybe an extra box...:D