Big Dot + Wilson Ghost rear?

Naterstein

Wondering if anyone has tried to pair the Big Dot glue-on front post with the Wilson Track Lock Ghost rear? And if it worked, etc...

Thanks.

BigD_in_FL

Personally, I subscribe to the K.I.S.S. theory with simplest being best. You might try just using the plain bead first. Shotguns are typically pointed, not aimed (deer hunters excepted) so your eyes acquire the target and your hand-eye coordination takes over. I would definitely not put GR on the back; again, let your eyes do the job. Some folks like those big beads or light tubes up front - I find they pull my focus from the target to the bead - not where I want it. YMMV

Lee Lapin

I haven't tried it, but it seems to me it would defeat the purpose of the GR rear. I do like sights on a defensive shotgun, because we live in a very rural area and I may have to use the scattergun at long range. The usual arrangement with a GR rear is a post front, which works well at longer range. IMHO the Big Dot front would obscure too much of the target at longer range, which would defeat the purpose... YMMV of course. The Big Dot Express sight system works well, I have that on one 870 that came with factory rifle sights on the barrel, but that system uses a shallow vee rear sight.

I do like GRs on a shotgun, but the last set I had installed were MMC - sadly, no longer available last I checked.

OBTW - front sights on shotguns should be silver soldered on...