Big Difference?

roy reali

I am convinced that reloading improves the accuracy of most cartridges. I also realize with some of the new-fangled, premium ammo the differences might not be as great as they used to be. However, there are some rounds that the improvement reloading offers seems to be safe from factory ammo.

The .30-30 Winchester is one such round. Every rifle I have owned in this round has always shot way better with reloads then with factory ammo. The .45-70 also fits in this category. There are now powerhouse loads and powder-puff loads for this round. But reloaders can adjust the power to split the difference. After all, a skinny little whitetail doesn't require full-power .45-70 loads to kill.

So, what other cartridges do you think are really improved by reloading?

Jim243

All of them, I don't think there is any cartrage that is not improved by having a consistent load of powder and set to the same OAL on every case.

Jim

TXGunNut

When premium ammo came out 20-some years ago it was widely believed that there was no longer much benefit for the average reloader to continue loading hunting or target rounds. That's just another item on a long list of things I've been wrong about. ;) Still reloading, still making better ammo than I can buy.

Wag

+1,000 on reloading. Far better consistency.

The primary reason I reload in the first place.

--Wag--