Bianchi Carryloc

rickdavis81

I'm looking for a new holster for my 1911. I carry while I ride my motorcycle so I'm thinking I want the retention the Carryloc offers. While I've had no problems with my XD in a Don Hume open top pancake holster I really don't want to take the chance. Does anyone have the Carryloc? What do you think of it? Does it hug your side for good concealment? Does it ride high? Is the lock mechanism reliable?

Borch

I have a Carrylok and a Paddlelok and I use one or the other everyday. The Carrylok pulls up nice and tight and conceals well even in just a tshirt and jeans, the Paddlelok doesn't conceal quite as well but it's better than most paddles. Both holsters are well constructed and comfortable and the fit and finish are quite nice for their relatively low cost. The Paddlelok is very secure for a paddle but still removes easily. The finger lever is well placed and surprisingly easy to get the hang of, a handful of practice draws and a couple of boxes at the range and it was second nature. In the time I have had these holsters the locks have never jammed or stuck or loosened on their own, in short they have functioned flawlessly since the day I got them 3 years ago.

I bought these 2 because they are both compatible with the Crimson Trace I have on my Glock, they provide a higher level of security, they look better than Kydex or plastic holsters and they are very economically priced. Honestly I couldn't have asked for a better product if I made it myself.

TCman

I purchased a carylock for my beretta 96, and that this was HUGE. I immediately took it back and got a desantis thumb break for it. Never looked back. They might be a better git for a g26 or g27.

mrMONEYman

I've used the Bianchi Paddleloc exclusively for my CCW for the last 4 years. I use the Paddleloc with both my Glock 17 and SA 1911.

I love it. It seems big and bulky, but with a proper belt, it will dissappear under your shirt. I've carred both guns with just a t-shirt and have had no problems.

As to its retention capabilities, I love it. The locking mechanicism is discreet yet provides a secure hold on the gun. I've had a couple of incidents with idiot cousins and family members trying to sneak up behind me and try to retrive my gun (was open carrying it in the house). I can say that the "loc" works. It looks like one could just pull the gun out, but unless they know how to press the lever, the gun WILL not be coming out. Most people will not even notice the lever at all.