BHP mags

Bill DeShivs

I find myself in need of a couple of standard Browning High Power magazines. Who has them at a decent price?
BTW- I disassembled a Ram Line (I think) BHP mag for cleaning, and was amazed to find that it is powered by an expansion-type coil spring mounted inside the follower!

LUPUS

This coiled type springs make easier to load the magazine, but do not have as long life span as the magazines with conventional sprung magazines, and sometimes causing feeding problems.

If you want magazines which are exactly matching the OEM quality with reasonable prices, I advice you to go with the Mac-Gar who also supplies the OEM magazines to many manufacturers including the FNH.

Regards.

Silvanus

Mec-Gar magazines are the best imo. And the factory magazines of course, but I think they are made by Mec-Gar too, so buy them where they are the least expensive.

saltydog452

BHP magazine springs.

If anyone is interested, ISMI chrome silicone magazine springs for the M-9 magazine work just dandy in 13-15 Mec-Gar mags.

Don't know about any other mags.

Replaced the mag springs on a couple of older magazines that I had marked 'range use only' with the ISMI M-9 springs and, so far, operation has been flawless.

Those two mags just weren't up to the task of moving the ammo stack up fast enough to keep up with slide velocity.

Hopefully, I won't have to segregate my BHP mags into 'range' and 'carry' anymore.

The ISMI M-9 springs take a bit more effort to load a full ammo stack. Your mileage and mags may vary, but I like the replacement ISMI M-9 springs in a weakened Mec-Gar BHP mag.

We'll see.

salty