BHP-13 Mec-Gar mags

redrooster2

Recently received several new 13-rd BHP Mec-Gar mags from a supplier and I noticed something odd. The mags arrived in the standard slip-back Mec-Gar packaging but lacked the deep blue finish of the preban Mec-Gar mags and had nothing stamped on the mags. All my preban mags have a dark blue finish, are stamped "Made in Italy" and "BHP-13" and have the Mec-Gar roll mark. The new mags appear identical in construction to the old mags but lack the finish and markings. Has anyone had a similiar experience?

Alaskanmonte

I just ordered some 13 round mags from Arizona Gun Runners about 2 weeks ago. They are marked Mec-Gar and have "made in Italy" stamped on them. They have been 100% perfect so far with my Browning Hi-power practical. Do they shoot correctly ? I'd call the distributor you ordered them from and confirm they are Mec-Gars.

redrooster2

The magazines in question were purchased from Arizona Gun Runners and arrived late last week. They are equal in construction, fit and function to my old preban Mec-Gars. I feel they are new production Mec-Gars but suspect that Mec-Gar is cutting a few corners in order to meet current demand for the high caps. I have emailed Mec-Gar to check. Why? I'm just curious and wondered if anyone else has noticed this on new production high cap Mec-Gars.

Erich

Good luck getting an answer from Mec-Gar. ;)

Here's the FAQ on BHP mags, with an excellent read on Mec-Gar:

http://www.ont.com/users/kolya/bhpmagfaq.htm

It's worth noting that Mec-Gar has made a number of different-appearing mags for the BHP. FWIW, I'm pretty sure that the "Asian military" mags I got from CDNN last month were, in fact, Mec-Gars as well. That TIG-welded back with the brushed finish is the giveaway. That and the quality and reliability. :)