Better Than I Expected….

mk70ss

Bought this H&R Handi Rifle from my father in law for short money. Put a cheap, spare scope I had lying around on it, and zeroed it today to use on coyotes. The gun shot far better than I expected it to. The above group is from 100 yards (3 shots) done from the bench at a one inch paster. Caliber is .204 Ruger.

mikejonestkd

MK, its wonderful when a top shelf rifle shoots good groups with expensive scopes and carefully prepared handloads.

Its even better when a ' budget ' rifle with an economy scope shoots that well too. Good shooting!

603Country

I have a 223 because my Dad had a NEF single shot in 223. I started loading ammo for his rifle and decided I needed a 223 too. It looked just like the OP’s rifle, with a rather heavy barrel. About that time, he needed a new scope for his deer rifle, so I bought him a Zeiss 3-9. He put it on the NEF 223. I have to admit that I thought it was like pearls on a pig, but kept that to myself.

Scorch

I remember a friend who had a H&R Handi-Rifle in .30-30 that would shoot 3/4" groups at 100 yds. It always amazed me, even more so when I found out that was common for those little rifles. Triggers on those things were terrible, I always wondered what one would do with a decent trigger in it.