Best value stainless 1911?

Sriracha

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask your recommendations for the best value 1911 in stainless (preferably matte) with no front slide serrations.

Thanks for your advice,
-Sriracha

XD45Sooner

Try the sprinfield mil-spec...its a good soild entry level 1911. The taurus is also good but it has front slide serrations. I think RIA 1911 makes a stainless thats fairly cheap but I am not sure

Brian48

I'm still partial to the "plain" old Colt SS 1991 NRM. It's not cheap, but it's not super expensive either.

sserdlihc

IMHO I think Dan Wesson makes a great 1911 for the money. The fit and finish are superb! How ever they are not cheap. If you want to get in on a 1911 without breaking the bank SA gi or mil-spec would be a good start. Armscor(rock island armory) also make 1911s'. However, I have never shot one to give an opinion.

Pilot

Another vote for Springfield Milspec Stainless. Mines been rock solid since I bought it new in 1994.

CWL

The best value in a M1911 right now is the CZ Dan Wesson line of M1911s.

For ~$900, you can get a Commander Bobtail with all the upgrades and hand fitting to match the Ed Brown Kobra Carry costing $2400.

IMHO, that's a better value than any of the GI SA guns which cost less but which have no bells & whistles.

torpeau

I wanted to ask your recommendations for the best value 1911 in stainless (preferably matte) with no front slide serrations.

I couldn't be more pleased with my SW 108282, but it has those front slide serrations you don't like. Got a rebate when I bought it, too.

However, my DW CBOB is almost a work of art. It was a little more expensive than the SW.

Techsan

+1 for the Dan Wesson CBOB. I picked mine up last week and she's a beaut. It's not the cheapest stainless 1911 out there, but even at the new price range of $1,035 or so, it's a very well made gun for the money.

larryh1108

$300 and flawlwss

I guess "best value" is subjective. If inexpensive helps make it a best value, my $300 Llama has been perfect and accurate. I guess I got the only good one out there since so many bash the Llama line every chance they get. Spend ~ $900 if you want but I have found the Llama line to have a lot more good than bad guns. For $300 I couldn't be happier. Of course, opinions will vary.

Llama45-40left4small-1.jpg