Best target

warbirdlover

I've been using "dirty bird" targets but last weekend sighting in three rifles had a heck of a time finding the holes. One time I shot a three shot group and could not see them. When looking up close at the target during the break in shooting I had a clover leaf (1/2"?) group of three shots right in the flourescent orange bull. And this was at 100 yards. I have a 4-16 X 50 scope (set at 16X) and could not see them. Needless to say I won't buy these targets anymore.

What do you guys recommend? Sometime they shows the hole without using (owning) a spotting scope.

jhansman

I use only Shoot-N-C targets, and can easily see my shots at 100yds. My scope is a bit more powerful, but the fluorescent green on black shows up well enough even at less magnification.

jhgreasemonkey

Try Tanerite. ;-)
Actually if you have a pair of binocs those come in handy at the range. Of course a spotting scope would be ideal but we don't live in an ideal world.

taylorce1

I've been using Bench Rest Targets (EZBRT) fro EZ Target & Stand. Unless I hit in the black of the box at the top of the target I don't have any problems seeing the bullet holes in these with my rifle scope. Plus they let me shoot six groups when doing load development to compare, once I get them on paper that is.

You could buy yourself a cheap spotting scope for the range. You can pick several up in the $150 range that will allow you to read your targets at 100 yards on the range. I know I had to buy one when I was shooting at a public range, some of thoes guys would set up several targets and you might have to wait 30-45 minutes before they would allow the range to go cold so you could walk down and check your targets.