Best Tac sling for 870 Police?

woodland

I have never used one before, but I need one for my patrol shotgun and have to buy it myself. It's an 870 Police model.

Are they all designed the same, or are there different types? I want a good one that will not want to tangle all up or be restrictive and that I can quickly drop the shotgun to a secure carryable position for fast transition to handgun or other things hands are needed for. Any experience and recomendations are appreciated!

DonR101395

Take a look at the Blue Force Gear Vicker's Tac sling. I've been putting them on all of my stuff and they are great. If the cat would stop running he'd have on on him as well.

Shawn Dodson

I've equipped my 870 with the Vickers Combat Applications Sling (VCAS). It's a 2 point sling and it's the only one I've found that I like on my shotgun.

My shotgun is also fitted with a Knoxx SpecOps buttstock, which is equipped with an M4 style adjustable buttstock. I removed the sling swivel as it snagged the VCAS when I transitioned from stong shoulder to weak. The VCAS is attached directly to the buttstock itself, exactly as shown on the Blue Force Gear web site.

Prior to the VCAS (as well as the SpecOps buttstock) I used an Eagle Industries TAS-4FX 3 point sling, which velcro'd around the Remington factory buttstock. I'd use it only during training and then remove it for home defense as i found it too restricting. For some reason I don't have this problem with the VCAS and it's kept on my 870 24/7.

Good luck!