Best Shot Timer

What do you use?

• Pact Club Timer III

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • CED 7000T

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

tac_driver

I narrowed it down to two The Pact Club Timer III and the CED 7000T.
Mainly used for Dry Fire practice, Range and Competition.
Which would you choose and why?

alfsauve

Pact

Can't remember all the details, but I researched it and for me, a single user, the Pact was best. Now if I were buying it as a range owner or as a competition director the criteria would be different and I'd have to re-investigate.

SV_shooter

my pact gave me a ton of grief as did their chrono. Customer service was lousy. 3 months of waiting and 2 months with my 7000, I told pact that I wanted a refund after all the lies and problems. They sent me a new one. I sold it on USPSA website for $10 less than the original. I hope the guy isn't having the same experience I had! My CED has lasted 2+ years without a glitch.

Brit

The CED is rubbish!! Plug the wrong charger into it, you fry it, it is ruined, just cheap rubbish. I sent it back, voiced my complaint! They must have agreed with me! They sent a new one, and the correct charger!

banjobart

I swear by the Pocket Pro by Competition Electronics. Thay have a club discount, too. You can do anything short of driving over and it still works. If it fails, CE will fix it cheaply and quickly.

SV_shooter

Brit, it sounds more like an error on your part than the timer itself. When you plug too much power into somethig you blow it. its that simple. my Pact IV timer was complete junk. so was the $350 chrono. my $100 chrony from wally world has lasted longer with a stats printer. Go ahead! blow yer wad on a Pact. I wish you nothing but luck! :barf:

Ced 7000

Absolutely rocks.

Had my original CED 7000 upgraded to RF capability at the IDPA Nationals in Allentown. The remote receiver that clips onto the scorekeeper's clipboard make SO'ing and scoring so danged easy - almost forget you're working instead of just shooting with your friends.

Great timer, good accesories, dynamite in a small package. Can't much go wrong getting one.

PDBreske

The iPhone was mentioned near the top of this thread, but no one commented or provided details, so I looked it up. ShotTimer is an iPhone app that doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the dedicated devices mentioned here, but the cost is currently FREE, so for those of you who already have an iPhone, you can't beat this deal.

I happen to have a set of the new Apple In-earphones and they block a LOT of outside noise. The inline mic can be used to pick up the shots fired and a set of earmuffs would give you plenty of hearing protection without missing the start buzzer through the earphones.

If you're practicing alone this seems to be a perfect solution. Since you can't save multiple results you can just email each set to yourself and study them later. (The emails it produces are pretty nice!)

And remember, it's free!