Best price on a 6.5 Grendel upper?

Xfire68

I am thinking about getting a 6.5 Grendel upper. I have looked a bit and found that they are pretty pricey. The cheapest I have seen was $750. Anyone know where they can be had any cheaper or is this about right?

gizmo688

Thats about right. I had my upper planned out and it was $700. Five months after ordering, it still hadn't arrived from AA so I canceled the order to pay for unexpected medical bills.

Mobuck

Darned near everything AR related is sold out and the big 0 speech last night will finish clearing the shelves come Monday. I may have enough parts on hand to finish 3-4 more rifles and then I'm done until whatever is coming has blown over.

raimius

Darned near everything AR related is sold out and the big 0 speech last night will finish clearing the shelves come Monday. I may have enough parts on hand to finish 3-4 more rifles and then I'm done until whatever is coming has blown over.
Yep, except I was going parts shopping.
Bad timing.

hodaka

I have built several of their kits, most recently a 6.8 carbine but that was before AR's became in such demand. I tried to order a 6.8 upper from them last year but I got impatient on the wait and cancelled. With the current craziness you should probably call them. Be prepared to wait. Their kits are good quality though.

doofus47

They don't seem to make a 6.5 Grendel?

6.5 Grendel also resides under the name 6.5css and 264lbc and a small host of others. It's a long, silly story. Point being, there are other rifles that can fire the 6.5Grendel cartridge.