Best pocket holster for "J" frame .38?

vmaam

I have a S&W 642 .38 snubbie and need some advice on a good pocket holster. Something comfortable for wearing with pleated chinos.

Jay Baker

I've been using a Milt Sparks Pocket Holster for many years with my Mdl. 60. Never been made with it and it works perfectly for me.

A good friend of mine carries his Mdl. 36 in a Kramer holster and l;ikes it very much. There are several others out there, but those two I'm familiar with. Both are top quality holsters.

FWIW. J.B.

jimmy

I've used the Kramer horsehide pocket holster for several years. It's a good product: well made of substantial materials, and a close fit to the gun.

BTW, the Kramer leather tarnishes nickel, but I haven't noticed an effect on blue or stainless.

old_yout

another one for the Kramer. I don't have one right now (tuition's coming up; I didn't think I should be spending $70 on a holster) but the Galco I use now isn't too bad. It takes a little breaking in, I think, to make it comfortable. A guy at the range has a Kramer. The simulated wallet profile works remarkably.

Ron Ankeny

I almost forgot, Mitch Rosen has a new pocket holster and it is even less expensive than Kramer or Galco. You can see it on the Mitch Rosen Web site.

JNewell

You guys are going to stone me, but I vote for (and use) the Uncle Mike's #3 pocket holster. It's basically a soft nylon/foam glasses case with a strip of rough rubber-like fabric sewn around the outside to hold it in the pocket. Very cheap and very effective, and does an excellent job of breaking up the outline of the J-frame.