Best P7M8 holster for concealed carry?

Forseti

Any P7M8 owners have a preference for an inside the waistband holster for a P7M8? I am looking hard at a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2, and invite suggestions and comments. The P7 tends to be a hard pistol to find a good holster for because of the large grip design...
http://www.miltsparks.com/inside.html

[This message has been edited by Forseti (edited January 20, 2000).]

Dave9

I don't know if it is the best, but I like my Blade-Techs. I have a straight drop,cross draw,SOB,and IWB. Also have a Galco shoulder rig. They all fit the M8 and the M13,they also fit my K3.
Dave

DenCQB

The H&K P7M8 is a brilliant weapon, and deserves the best carriage system. As I mentioned in another thread, the P7 has a high centre of gravity, and Greg Kramer wouldn't make me an IWB because he is a perfectionist.
For many years I used a Horseshoe IWB, and would recommend them. Don't be put off by dealing with a company across the ocean. Horseshoe are set up to deliver worldwide. They can be found at www. horseshoe.co.uk
Lou Alessi does great work. I really like his CQC holster, even though it's not an IWB.
Mitch Rosen is another top choice. I used his Ayoob Rearguard for a Sig-22b, but guess it would also suit a P7 very well.

------------------
Check Six
Dennis

umstud

Whatever holster you want Mitch Rosen is the way to go. He is very professional and his holsters are second to none. I now own two -an ARG-DL for my Walther P99, and a 5JR for my Kimber Pro Elite. There is just nothing better.

ATM

Rosens ARG is perfect for the P7 series. It keeps the gun low, and tight. Also any Rosen holster is fitted to his belts, this prevents the holster from moving or twisting out from where you set it, a key consideration with the butt heavy P7. Maximum concealment is the name of the game here, and the ARG is very successful at it. I wear mine 10-12 hours a day, and it stays comfortable. In addition I have worn it through several outdoor, summertime schools, and it still maintains its shape and snug fit. Absolutely top drawer quality and workmanship.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

wishbone

I also use a Rosen ARG for the P7.I wasn't happy with it untill I started wearing a good belt. Don't neglect getting a proper fitted belt with your IWB. It makes all the difference in the world.

Ankeny

I just sold my P7 to another guy here on TFL. I am "throwing in" a Milt Sparks belt holster and one magazine pouch. The leather has a value well over $100.00. If you e-mail me I'll give you his e-mail, he might sell them to you real cheap.

ATM

Ice Man -
Sure do, and I believe you are talking about the ARG DL that has two loops. The ARG+ has an extended tab of leather on the bottom to counter balance the high weight of the P7M10. Now the ARG DL is not as comfortable as the ARG, IMHO, because it does not allow the holster to move with the belt line as you sit and stand. The regular ARG will move and this keeps the holster from poking you in the thigh or butt as you sitdown, the holster just moves up a little bit higher. Believe me the ARG concept works well, once you are used to it any other IWB feels uncomfortable to wear, and that includes the ARG DL.
Hope this helps.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

Ice Man

ATM-
Thanks.
To clarify, you prefer the single loop over the double for comfort reasons, right?
What about the ARG+??
Am I to extrapolate that since it is "specifically designed for the P7M10" it is also well suited for the M8? Is it better suited than the plain-jane ARG?

JH

Hi Ice Man:

I have an ARG Plus for my P7M8 and it has become my favorite holster. I have had a number of shorter holsters and I have found that the shape of the ARG+ and the Alessi Hideout with a surrounding flange do indeed provide more support and comfort. Shorter holsters seem to allow the grip of this top-heavy pistol to push away from the body.
Jeff

ATM

Ice Man -

Yes I prefer the ARG for comfort reasons. I have seen no loss in stability on the belt. The ARG+ is just as comfortable as the ARG, and is more stable with either gun, and is otherwise the same.
Source for the ARG is Mitch's website. On that is a listing of the retail stores that stock his line, which are few and far between right now. Best bet is to print the order form and mail it in. Everytime I have ordered he has beat his quoted delivery time, usually by about 2 weeks. Not bad in my book. On the Alessi I have no good idea.

By the way sorry I missed your reply last night, I jumped off pretty quick after posting.

------------------
Freedom is not Free

[This message has been edited by ATM (edited January 25, 2000).]

Forseti

I've looked at the Mitch Rosen holster for the P7,(at http://www.mitchrosen.com/product_line/product_line.html), and I looked at the Versa Max-2 (at http://www.miltsparks.com/vm2.html). I truly wish I could *hold*, or better still, wear the things, but that is not to be. It appears the VM2 would be more stable, and pretty comfortable with it's spread loops, but then again, the Mitch Rosen ARG+ is stated to be designed for the P7...which to buy, which to buy. I know its a new holster, but has anyone handled a Versa Max2 from Milt Sparks? Any comments on Milt Sparks stuff?

ATM

Forseti -

Stability is made of two things, belt support and holster design. IMHO a fitted holster loop and belt combination (see Mitch Rosen) will always be more stable then a two loop design which will fit more then one belt size. Just because the tightness of the loop will hold the holster still better. As far as the holster design, yes the ARG+ will be more stable then the ARG due to the extra leather on the muzzle end of the holster. However I cannot say that someone elses holster does not have "extra leather" on the muzzle end. This is a function of the holster maker and his molds. SO in the end physically holding both holsters is the best solution.

------------------
Freedom is not Free