best night sights?

Ares45

six, one-half a dozen, or the other half as far as brightness by manufacturer.

Green appears brighter to the human eye. Hence the reason NVGs are green. Green Tritrium sights will last longer than the other colors. Orange, then yellow, then blue being the worst. They all fade over time.

My personal preference is for Meprolights. I've got 3 guns wearing them right now. I tried Trijicon before Meprolight and didn't like them because the white (daytime) ring is painted on and wears off after repeated cleaning. The Meps have a white insert surrounding the sapphire crystal instead of paint.

Ameriglo is basically a cheaper version of Trijicon. They actually use Trjicon lamps in their sight base.

9mm1033

I found these (new on the market) TRUGLO tritium/fiber optic sights to work great. They are a combination fiber optic and night sights. Very bright in a dark room.

DSCN2537.jpg

ClarkEMyers

Whichever is freshest is the brightest but it won't last.

Half life of the brightness matches half life of the Tritium so if it really matters all that much get the sights freshened. If it really matters get each dot or what have you doubled - so that say a bar dot is really a bar/bar and a dot/dot. It doesn't really matter that much. My own preference is Tritium in the front sight only although my backup carrypiece has a single green front and two yellow in the rear - one on each side.

Mosin44az

I have and have had Trijicons, Mepros, XS, and now TruGlo TFOs. All are fine, no complaints to this point. Also PTs were fine on my P95, but I would not get red again, green is much more visible to me.