Best method for "learning" trigger pull on a Glock 21?

Thirties

I shot a friend's Glock 21 and the trigger was not easy to get used to.

I couldn't predict when the gun would fire.

Any folks here have a method they can explain which will enable a beginner to learn the Glock trigger?

ps: nice gun. I was impressed.

Japle

I couldn't predict when the gun would fire.

Good. That's what you want.

There are three basic ways to pull a trigger. Two of them are wrong.

#1. Wait till the sights look right and yank.

#2. Wait till the sights look right and pull slowly. When the sights move off the target, stop. When they look right again, pull. Repeat till the gun fires.

#3. Wait till the sights look right and pull the trigger straight to the rear without a pause.

Number 3 works the best, by far. Even if the sights move a little while you’re pressing the trigger, it won’t be enough to produce a bad shot. You’ll still get a good group and your groups will improve as you practice.

The shot should come as a suprise. If you know exactly when it will fire, you'll be much more likely to flinch. The more you practice, the faster you'll be able to work the trigger and still not know exactly when the shot will break. Top ranked shooters can fire in less than .2 seconds and still get the "suprise break" they're looking for.

Dry fire is a huge help.

HvyMtl

practice

practice with that specific Glock 21... Most all firearms, no matter the product or the manufacturer will have variances between each single gun, even if it is the exact same model with the most stringent of tolerances...

So, the only way to know when that trigger releases is practicing with that specific firearm...

rsxr22

it sounds silly but the way i get used to triggers is by shooting and focusing only on the trigger pull. Start slow and then build yourself up. I stand 7 yards and make sure i am familiar with my back stop. I fire the gun with my eyes closed feeling the stroke, break, and reset of the trigger. When you fire the gun hold the trigger back and slowly allow the trigger to move forward to reset. Do this with a few mags and you will also learn how to shoot consistently from reset which is a real advantage for faster shooting

Chui

Dry fire, Dry fire, Dry fire, Dry fire, Dry fire, Dry fire, Dry fire, ... and Dry fire some more.

Claude Clay

many dislike glocks and other striker fired guns cause of the gritty, scroungy feel of the trigger coupled with the comment you made about the indeterminable fall point.

**friends don't let friends drive glocks**

jfrey123

Take the slack out prior to firing. You'll get the exact trigger pull you're looking for.

For those who don't understand, there is a "free pull area" of the trigger on most striker fired pistols. You can pull the trigger maybe .25" with nothing happening, this is called the "slack". At the end of the slack, you will feel resistance and this is exactly where the trigger will break. I take the slack out every time I pull the trigger: slack out, check sight picture, break trigger.

Dave T

By a used DA revolver and dry fire it DA only for a couple weeks. When you pick up a Glock it will feel like heaven. (smiley face goes here)

Dave

PS: Do not shoot a properly set up 1911. That will ruin everything!

Trigger Finger

"Take the slack out prior to firing. You'll get the exact trigger pull you're looking for.

For those who don't understand, there is a "free pull area" of the trigger on most striker fired pistols. You can pull the trigger maybe .25" with nothing happening, this is called the "slack". At the end of the slack, you will feel resistance and this is exactly where the trigger will break. I take the slack out every time I pull the trigger: slack out, check sight picture, break trigger."

Jfrey123 didn't I just say that? Maybe not so eloquently. ;)