Best looking .357 revolver

Carbon_15

I recently noticed that my meager handgun collection is missing a .357 revolver. This just can't be. I'm not the biggest .357 fan (prefer the 10mm in auto's and .45colt for revolvers), but I can't go lacking such an important caliber. So I guess I'm going to have to pick one up once my 30 days are up (DA#N this one gun a month law). But since I dont exactly prefer the .357 and probly wont use it for much more than looking at and the occasional can poping session I want an attractive one. I like 4 inch barrels and since I dont have much wood and blued steel in my gun cabinet, that would be nice too. Although wood with matte stainless is my normal preference.

Post pics of you best looking wood stocked blued or matte stainless wheelguns.

Thanks
Jason

jjmorgan64

Finially Got to see a Mateba today

For an ocasional 357 You probrably can't beat the different looks, both of the gun and the people watching you shoot it. if you can afford one that is, Lord knows I can't right now.:(

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Well, Jason-

I don't have any pic's to post, but my theory of wood on blue
comes in the form of a pre-1982 Smith & Wesson model 28.
In most cases, the guns were equipped with the smaller,
"service grip's"; but the target Goncolo Alves shouldn't be
that hard to find. Oh! by the way, the Smith model 28 is
the "no frill's" version of the model 27; in other words w/o
all the bells and whistle's and a matte blue finish. Many years
ago, these weapons were carried by a lot of state trooper's;
cuz of the sales pitch "that there gun will split an automobile
block in half". I even had a dealer put that sales line on me,
when I purchased my first model 28 Smith.:cool: :D :)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Good Guy

But since I dont exactly prefer the .357 and probly wont use it for much more than looking at and the occasional can poping session I want an attractive one. I like 4 inch barrels and since I dont have much wood and blued steel in my gun cabinet, that would be nice too.

Sounds like you're describing an older 4 inch, blued Python. Purty but pricey though. If you're only gonna have one 357, it oughta be the ultimate snake.

Drifty

Colt Python 6 or 8 inch. Prettiest dern gun out there. This 6 incher don't wear the wood grips anymore, but the lines are still there. I liked the looks of the wood but like the feel of the rubber grips best.

python.jpg

Laz

I'd have to cast my vote with Ala Dan and say my pre-82 Model 28 either with it's Miculek grips or a set of Eagle grips is the prettiest .357 to these eyes. It looks pretty good with the original service grips also.;)

chaim

Matte stainless, wood stocks

A S&W 65LS with a 3" barrel (sorry) is a great looking gun. The only drawback is that it is a Smith so you'll have to try to find one used (not impossible, but the LadySmith model is fairly new so it won't be as easy as some of their other models).

Here's a pic:

S_W_65_LS.art

Since sometimes my picture disappears after a short period here is a link to the picture, just in case:
S&W Model 65LS

The .357 revolver is certainly my faviorite gun/cartridge. I think I have 7-8 of them and a new one is on the way (8 3/8" 686 with a Leupold 4x scope pre sellout/pre lock). I am actively looking for a nice Model 19 to hopefully put an end to this obsession. For me, hands down, the best looking .357 revolver is the Colt Python. I don't own one, and probably never will. I have at least one that costs more than a Python, I would love to own a Python, but I can't really see it happening (I also realize that next week this could all change and I might sell blood to buy one, but for now.........).

As soon as I get access to a digicamera, I'll post some pix of my Model 28 with the Ivory grips.

The thing looks freaking DYNAMITE.

bmwguy

For a looker, you can't beat a 6" Royal blue Python.

As for a shooter, I like a S&W 28 or 27.

As for a shooter and a decent looker, I like the S&W 686, or if you prefer blue a 586. I don't think the 586 is in the line up anymore so you'll have to find a private sale.

Good Luck!

Bods Oddkin

'Nother vote for Python. For less than half the price, you can also find an older S&W Model 27 with its deep blue finish.

7th Fleet

1. 686 with 2.5" barrel
2. 625 with 4" barrel
3. Model 29 6.5" barrel with pinned barrel and recessed cylinders.
4. Model 24 with 3" barrel
5. Model 28 with 6" barrel

Yep I do like Smith & Wesson revolvers...
7th

Swamp Yankee

Well, since you didn't state SA or DA my vote goes to the blued Colt SAA with 5-1/2 inch barrel. Close runner up would be the SAA in case hardened/blue.
Take Care

dewey

3 1/2 Inch S&W pre-27 NICKEL

meowwwwwwwwwwwwww.. BUT you should REALLY get the gun that started it all, S&W Registered Mag........dewey