Best Light for 870 Police?

woodland

I need to get a light for my patrol shotgun, a Remington 870. I would love to hear any preferences you all have. I like the idea of the integral forends like the Surefire. They are spendy though! But I want something good.

Last edited:

BlondieStomp

you've already got the right idea

if you buy something cheaper you'll probably end up replacing it anyway, you may as well buy the surefire now and save your money.

madcratebuilder

Here's a good link
Several choices to go with. I picked up a WLS2000 for $50. Works for me.
crop06.jpg

woodland

Thanks guys. And thanks for the link, madcratebuilder. I will be looking into those led conversions for the Surefires. I carry a Nitrolon, and that might quite nice!

Here is another idea that came to me. What about a Streamlight M3 or M3X, and a rail mount for the 870. Then, I can carry it on my belt and I could use it on both my Glock and the 870, or by itself if needed.

Hmmm. Any experience with the M3? I use an SL20L for my big light and love it, but that is my only experience with Streamlight.

dead-eye-ked

Surefire

Surefire is the way to go. I own 2, and I have never been anything but happy. They always work, are very bright and are simply the best. The only drawback would be batteries and the cost, but if you buy them bulk they are cheaper and will always be on hand then!