Best IWB holster

stevetuna

Any recommendations for a comfortable IWB holster? I sweat like the average wildebeast so leather is out. What about Kydex? Thanks for any advice.

PeacefulWarrior

I just ordered an IWB holster from FIST. I haven't seen one yet but they came highly recommended,I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.

gunboy 3

I love my Blade-Tech IWB. You can scour the forums for used models, I've seen Milt Sparks' holsters for under $50. My advice is to try used and stay away from Fobus.

KPS

I just received the Kydex Universal from FIST.Great setup because it is very thin yet will not crack/break.It also has all the hardware to make it IWB,OWB,crossdraw,and any kind of cant you want.I bought it because sometimes I feel like a nut and sometimes I don't.This way 1 holster does the job of many.

KPS

I second Kytac holsters.Had the braveheart for my full size 1911 and it disappeared and was VERY confortable.

LiquidTension

I had a BladeTech for a day before I sent it back to them (wasn't supposed to get it in the first place - long story). I couldn't have been happier when UPS came and picked it up. I really didn't like the holster at all. My new FIST holster came in yesterday. It appears to be very well constructed and has all the options I wanted (snap loops, body shield, etc.) I haven't had time to make a judgement on comfort yet because I haven't experimented with all the different positions the belt loops can be arranged in (9 total). I'll let you know as soon as I do :)

youngun

I sweat like the average wildebeast so leather is out.

Well, my wildabeasts don't actually sweat all that bad, but that's another thread for another forum....

Is leather really out?
I wear cotton undies and a cotton tee tucked in (those damn scratchy grips!) and my gun stays dry even in the NW.
(Though my perspiratory habits don't even rival the dryer among wildabeasts.)

There are some beautiful and comfy holsters out there.
And lots of folks just make it routine to leave their holster out to dry overnight.

~course, maybe you just like plastics; nothing wrong with that.