Best holster for Glock 19?

Japle

The Fobus is OK, but I prefer the Blade-Tech (the $20 one) for comfort and speed. I've used both holsters for carry and IDPA. The B-T gets my vote. I carry my G19 in one every day.

NOTE: Both holsters have too much plastic at the bottom rear. There's no good reason to have all that stuff sticking out and printing under your cover garment. I cut the bottom 1" off both holsters and am very happy with the result.
I mentioned this to a Fobus rep at the S.H.O.T. Show and he pointed to a new holster they just introduced that's trimmed just right. Only problem is the dumb-looking "Fobus" logo on the side. A minor point, I'll admit.

I've found paddle holsters to be much more comfortable than belt holsters and much, much easier to get on and off.

John
Cape Canaveral

evan1293

I've owned a number of fobus holsters and I believe the only thing they have going for them is that they are dirt cheap. Try a comp-tac holster....although you'll spend more, you'll find that its well worth it.

Donut

The Fobus is OK, but I prefer the Blade-Tech (the $20 one) for comfort and speed. I've used both holsters for carry and IDPA. The B-T gets my vote. I carry my G19 in one every day.

I have a Fobus GL2 RotoHolster and a Blade-Tech for my G19, I like the versatility of the RotoHolster, but the draw seems tough, and retention isn't adjustable like the Blade-Tech.

Granted I don't carry except for IDPA, but I REALLY like the cheap Blade-Tech. However, I'm looking at Comp-Tac for an IWB holster for when my CCW comes through.

Kreyzhorse

LEATHER. Take a look at all that Galco or Bianchi has to offer. Personally, I carry in a Galco Fletch and its a fine holster at a fine price. You cannot go wrong with a quality leather holster and I certainly recommend any thing from either maker listed above. Although there are many supports of the "plastic" holsters, to me, nothing holds and works better than a nice leather holster. Leather is more expensive but worth it. Don't get confused on price vs. value. Price is what you pay and value is what you get. I think long term there is a lot of value in leather holsters.

RNB65

Safariland 6377 (belt) or 6378 (paddle) are really nice if you're looking for an active retention holster.